One of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids for vegans are flaxseeds. One tablespoon of flaxseeds contains over 2000mg of the omega-3 fatty acid, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). They also contain protein, fibre, and selenium.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C
2. Mix together the ground almonds, ground flaxseeds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
3. In another large bowl, mix the mashed banana, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and almond milk until smooth and creamy
4. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined
5. Fold in the dark chocolate chunks, leaving a few for the tops
6. Fill muffin cup cases three quarters full, and sprinkle the tops with the remaining chocolate
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the mixture