This quick and easy nutritious salad is a hit for all the family. Oily fish like mackerel are the major dietary sources of the omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. Eating omega-3 fatty acids are associated with a healthy heart, and that’s why the American Heart Association recommends that all adults eat fish, particularly oily fish, at least twice weekly.
- 750g new potatoes
- 5 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 100g watercress
- 230g pack boneless mackerel fillets
- Small bunch coriander
- Cut the potatoes into bite size portions and boil in salted water until tender. Drain and cool.
- Chop the coriander and mix it with the mayonnaise.
- Roughly chop the watercress and add to a large bowl with the mackerel, potatoes and dressing. Mix altogether so that the dressing covers all the ingredients.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread, on individual plates or allow everyone to help themselves.